Worms, Worts & Leeches – The Nine Sacred Herbs of the Lacnunda
Robert Dale Rogers
2018, black and white,
Worms, Worts and Leeches is a modern take on the 9 Sacred Herbs of Lacnunga, a 10th-century Anglo-Saxon text on medicinal plants.
Worm is an ancient term for disease; worts for medicinal plants, and leeches, the doctors of the day.
Traditional and modern-day use of worms, maggots and leeches is included, of course.
The book also includes extensive work on the many health benefits of Mugwort, Chamomile, Stinging Nettles, Wood Betony, Plantain, Crab Apple, Shepherd’s Purse and Pennycress, Chervil and Wild Chervil, Fennel, and both Garden and Wild Thyme.
• Includes traditional use and…
• Modern scientific validation of health benefits.
• Eclectic and homeopathic application.
• Essential oil and hydrosol production and usage.
• Gemmotherapy bud remedies
• Astrological correspondence
• Spiritual properties
• Personality Traits
• Recipes, preparations and contraindications
Book Review– by Nicholas Brink (Click to Access)
If you are not a Canadian resident please click on the button below to view this item on Amazon. Canadian residents should use the Add to cart button.